Location: Our tech teams are based in Bahía Blanca, Argentina and in Sydney, Australia. This role can be anywhere in Argentina, but other locations may be considered for the right candidate
Employment type: Full-time (part-time may be considered)
Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is the idea that mobility should be a tailored, customised solution, with the user at the centre of the transport ecosystem. We believe MaaS will be how people organise their future travel, as the world strives to lower carbon emissions by reducing individual car use and MaaS offers an efficient tool to do so.
It is a complex domain and requires switched-on, self-motivated and outstanding people. Do you enjoy working independently and as part of a diverse, global team at the same time? Are you mature enough to structure your own hours and workload? Can you think on your feet, bring in your own ideas and feel motivated by getting the job done? Then check requirements below to get in touch with us – we have a diverse, global crew and are proud of the friendly atmosphere and flat hierarchy where access to each other is easy.
We work really well as a team and every team member can help shape the way SkedGo evolves. You can have direct impact on products, experiment with new ideas, and be on the forefront of exciting changes in transport that are currently happening. As a growing business, with a strong focus on work-life balance, there are exciting growth opportunities ahead in the tech team.
I have been with SkedGo for eleven years now. I enjoy working at SkedGo, being able to help build this amazing platform, while learning different technologies in the process. I like the constant challenge of new projects and features that enhance the platform, as well as the complexity of connecting with other platforms and services. Our fantastic team makes it easy to enjoy the job and it is great to see our platform being used in lots of places across the globe.
Mariano, Argentinian Team Leader
Responsibilities and duties
- Help the backend team to integrate transport providers via API, including availability, booking and payment
- Collaborate on improving our Transport Service Provider (TSP) connectors
- Work with other colleagues to improve our code and keep it up to date, with external API changes
- Participate in our tech meetings. Some meetings might be out of office hours
- Describe your JAVA expertise level. We may consider Jr and Semi-Sr candidates
- Self-motivated and proactive (we really mean this! At SkedGo we all pull up our sleeves and enjoy getting things done)
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Transport nerd – do you have a passion for cycling? Get excited about train travel or want to make the world a better place by reducing carbon emissions? Whatever it is, we’d love to know
What we offer
- Flexible working hours – we work in a task-driven environment, which offers a lot of flexibility, within the framework of agreed deadlines and meetings
- Positive, supportive work environment, with future growth potential. We fully support your professional development
- The opportunity to be part of the future of transport technology and help create a more sustainable, inclusive and accessible mobility ecosystem
- SkedGo has a very low staff turnover. Most of the team have been with the company for years. We work hard, but also understand the need for balance
SkedGo is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
HOW TO APPLY
Please confirm you fulfil below requirements before applying. We will not consider your application otherwise.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English
Email us at [email protected]:
- Explain your motivation to apply for this role (as text or video)
- Share your salary expectations
- Include a recent resume