This position works closely with our small team based in Nuremberg, Germany, and remotely with our international team. The Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales and business development team in building proposals, presenting technical product demonstration to prospects, providing technical training (web based or live) to clients, gathering customer requirements, acting as a bridge between the sales, technical and PM teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the sales cycle with the development and presentation of:
- product/software demos
- technical presentations
- response to RFQs/RFIs/RFPs with a major focus on addressing technical requirements
- development of solution proposals/quotations
- hand-over activities to implementation teams
- work with clients to define Statement of Work (SoW), as well as decide on project milestones * Coordinate with sales, project delivery team and project management
- Develop and present detailed customers training (on-site or web-based)
- Demonstrate functionalities and answer technical related questions
- Support the Sales and Business Development team with:
- follow up on future business partnerships/leads when required
- inside and field sales activities
- networking events such as trade shows, client meet ups etc. * Proactive in R&D identifying new potential offerings and features that may expand our current portfolio
- Identify together with the sales team new business opportunities within current client base; up-selling and cross-selling
- Address solution benefits to both existing and new business/technical audiences
- Technical profile with at least two to three years of experience in a customer faced position
- Very good software skills. Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service) and IT services
- Understanding of Project Management for complex SaaS solutions desired, not mandatory
- Experience in architecting solutions for customers
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Additional language fluency desired. Particularly appreciated German, French, Spanish or Italian
- Strong Communicator. Ability to effectively interact as a team member with all levels of team and customers, assertive
- Customer oriented. Focused on added value, pain points and solution benefits from a customer perspective
- Strong pre-sales skills. Technically and commercially-oriented profile
- Consultative selling approach
- Team player
- Self-motivated, self-starter and ability to work autonomously and within a dynamic team
- Ability to manage and prioritise assigned tasks in order to meet deadlines, highlighting risks
The candidate can be based anywhere, ideally in Nuremberg or other large cities in Germany. Other countries and locations within Europe can be considered.
Most of the work can be done remotely. Please note we DO NOT provide sponsorships or work visas.
Some travel is required (approx. 25%), mainly to attend customer meetings and occasional tradeshows and conferences. Most travel will be Monday to Friday with some weekend travel as necessary.
Flexible time management. Holding international conference calls outside of regular office hours is necessary.
What we offer
This role offers an exciting variety of challenging tasks with lots of responsibility and autonomy. SkedGo is growing, innovative and international company with opportunities for growth and advancement. You’ll quickly feel comfortable working with our highly motivated and friendly team members who are always happy to help each other out. Flexible working hours make for a good work-life balance.
Interested? Please send your application including your desired start date and salary.
No recruiters please